Successful Multicultural Teams
"It is so difficult to work with my team members, because they come from so many cultures and they also work around the world!" Does this sound familiar? Our training solution is for multicultural, often virtual teams who want to ease their daily work and cooperation. Understanding the similarities and the differences between cultures helps daily cooperation and becomes a strength in the organization.
- People who work in multicultural, sometimes also virtual teams, and want to develop their multicultural, interpersonal skills.
- The participants will get practical tools for dealing with everyday work situations with people from different cultures and learn to appreciate the importance of understanding cultural factors in improving business relationships with them.
- The participants will learn how the various aspects of different cultures apply to e.g. corporate culture, decision-making, teamwork, meetings, negotiations and presentations.
Understanding and adapting
- Basics of international business culture
- Introduction to the concept of culture
- Basics of business culture
- Understanding the expectations for both written and spoken communication
- Cultural attitude assessment
- Focus on intercultural communication - building relationships and the role of emotion
- Cultural dimensions and their effect on team work
- The 4 worlds model of culture
Influencing and dealing with conflict
- Your style of influencing – push or pull
- Influencing internationally – horizontally and vertically (facts, deadlines, relationships, personalities, values, decision making, negotiations, hierarchy)
- Thomas Kilman conflict model – your style
- How cultures fit into the model, how to use the model strategically
- Influencing and conflict in your situations