Introduction to Phenomenon-based Learning
Interdisciplinary projects are introduced in schools all over the world. Their intention is to build bridges across subject matter disciplines and help students to solve complex and open-ended problems. In Finland, phenomenon-based learning is one common way to implement interdisciplinary projects. This course gives you tools to understand what phenomenon-based learning is and how to design projects based on this idea.
Suitable to all acting teachers from primary schools to universities in any country.
During this course you will learn:
- What is phenomenon-based learning and teaching
- How to design phenomenon-based projects in easy level and simple approach
- How to assess phenomenon-based learning projects
- What is phenomenon-based learning
- How to design phenomenon-based projects
- Real-world cases that engage students
- How to assess phenomenon-based learning and projects
- Building your own “phenomena resource bank” which helps you to design phenomenon-based projects in the future