This in-services teacher education program is suitable to all acting teachers from primary schools to universities in any country.
Teachers on all levels of education – full-program with special tutorial package and contact studies.
High-Impact Teacher program is a high-quality part-time in-service teacher development and train-the-trainers program from Finland.
High-Impact Teacher consists of courses, that can be studied independently:
Student-engaging learning practices
- Activating and motivating students
- Specific methods to raise interest, flow and emotional engagement
Teaching future skills
- Core competencies in the 21st century
- Self-evaluation assessment about classroom practices
- Understand ideas behind Finnish curriculum
- Design effective and meaningful instructions
- Phenomenon-based learning projects
- Simple approach, rich content & real-world cases
Social and emotional learning
- Constructive ways to promote discipline
- Create a safe atmosphere
All courses and modules include learning assignments that are linked with daily work of teachers. All instructors of the program are members of prof. Kirsti Lonka’s research team.