To understand the essence of negotiation.
To become familiar with key negotiation principles and a toolbox to help in fothcoming negotiations.
To understand that the art of negotiation is based on attempting to reconcile what constitutes a good result for you with what constitutes a good result for the other party.
- Strategic Skills – Look at the Big Picture
- Build trust and create open interaction
- Find a common ground and mutual benefits
- Is your strategy to help or to hurt?
- Don’t just discuss what your counterparts want – find out why they want it
- The Key Techniques
- Testing understanding and summarizing
- Explaining before disagreeing
- Closing techniques
- Dealing with conflict and confrontation
- Preparing Step by Step
- Clarify your bottom line and most favourable position
- Establish your position – define your BATNA
- Using push and pull tactics
- Think about your bargaining zone
- Prepare for Plan B
- Facilitate Decision-making
- Don’t get stuck in details
- Be ready to close the subject at right time
- Communicate next steps
- Summing up key techniques
- Short inputs and group discussions.